The podiatrists at the Mt Waverley Foot Clinic are experienced in assessing and treating children’s feet and the variety in issues they present. Children’s feet are different to that of an adult. A growing child’s foot is more easily affected by forces put on it like abnormal pressure from an incorrect foot position or poor fitting footwear.
Many adult foot and lower leg issues can be a result of problems earlier in life during childhood. It is much easier to treat and prevent problems in a child through early intervention, so the earlier the assessment and detection of issues, the better outlook in the future.
Conditions of foot/ankle pain seen in children that our podiatrists can treat include:
- Flat feet or rolled-in feet
- In-toeing or ‘pigeon toed’ feet
- Toe walking (walking on tip toes)
- Ingrown toenails
- Growing pains
- Heel pain
- Severe’s Disease and Osgood Shlatters Disease (growth plate inflammation)
- Abnormal walking/running or gait pattern
- Knock knees
- Bow legged knees
- Wart treatment
- Leg length difference
- Children slow to begin walking
- Children who often fall over a lot without any apparent cause
- Limping or poor balance when walking/running
If you are concerned about your child’s feet or the way they are walking/running, it is highly recommended to get them assessed by a podiatrist at the Mt Waverley Foot Clinic.